Accounting Policy Lead Manager (M/F)
- Provides oversight of highly complex financial transactions or general accounting functions or complex regulatory reporting for Luxembourg and U.K;
- Assists in developing proper oversight and monitoring results for 3rd party accounting vendors and internal support units;
- Acts as a lead on behalf of Investment Treasury regarding technical accounting projects impacting the Luxembourg and U.K;
- Responsible for reviewing financial statements of Luxembourg and U.K. based products.
- Owns relationship with local external auditors, providing a point of escalation to resolve issues;
- Owns NAV error resolution, including working with internal and external teams to determine cause and appropriate recommendations for process improvement;
- Performs technical accounting research, as necessary, to ensure practices / conclusions / positions comply with applicable authoritative accounting, legal, regulatory requirements; confirms conclusions internally and with external auditors and legal as appropriate;
- Serves as consultant to operating groups by providing subject matter expertise during implementation of new and/or changed accounting and reporting requirements;
- Serve as a subject matter expert to groups, such as legal, product, investment staff, etc;
- Leads or participate in special projects and recommend improved policies and procedures;
- Liaises with product teams to understand new products or changes to existing products and how that might have downstream impact to accounting related functions. Consults with various functions to ensure readiness.
The Candidate Profile
- 8 or more year's related investment fund accounting experience with strong technical financial services background in investments, as well as familiarity with associated accounting and reporting requirements;
- Previous asset management and reporting experience required;
- Investment Fund experience with a Big 4 Audit firm and/or a fund administrator;
- In-depth knowledge of both Luxembourg GAAP and UK GAAP;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Luxembourg and UK investment funds products, regulations and business environments (including UCITS and AIFMD);
- In depth knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP and or ability to apply investment fund knowledge to markets outside of Luxembourg;
- Ability to take ownership of a task or process, and see it through from inception to completion;
- Excellent analysis and analytical skills;
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and an ability to appropriately prioritize ;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ;
- Demonstrated ability to lead less experienced team members.
Our client is a large international asset manager.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.