The Luxembourg Institute of Health is a public research organisation at the forefront of biomedical sciences. With its strong expertise in population health, oncology, infection and immunity as well as storage and handling of biological samples within IBBL biobank, its research activities impact on people’s health. At the Luxembourg Institute of Health, devoted scientists investigate disease mechanisms to develop new diagnostics, innovative therapies and effective tools to implement personalised medicine. The institution is the first supplier of public health information in Luxembourg, a strong cooperation partner in local and international projects and an attractive training place for ambitious early-stage researchers.
The LIH currently has an opening for a (m/f) :
Permanent contract, full-time, entry date: immediately
The CFAO is a strategic and operational thought partner to both CEOs of LIH and IBBL, and Board of Directors. He/she is responsible for managing the financial and administrative departments of the Luxembourg Institute of Health (including IBBL biobank) such as Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, IT services, Risk Management, Internal Controls and egal and Facilities. He/she effectively supports research and service activities.
- Interact with the Department Directors and Head of Research units to provide support and guidance in terms of financial, legal, human resources, IT services, purchasing, administrative and technical/building issues.
- Organise the global strategy of LIH in terms of budget and human resources staffing.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of the financial figures, monthly management reporting and annual accounts, as well as all regulatory reports and declarations.
- Coordinate financial management control, as well as the budget planning.
- Implement a budgetary discipline, lines of conduct, controls and the necessary internal procedures.
- Understand and manage financial risks of the establishment.
- Act as contact partner between LIH and ministry of higher education and research in Luxembourg.
- Active member of the management committees of LIH and IBBL.
- Support LIH strategy with adequate change management.
- Act as focal point of contact between LIH and Staff delegation and negotiate Collective Labour agreements.
- Negotiate contracts concluded by LIH in the domains related to her/his duties
- Optimise relations with suppliers and procurement
- Manage the infrastructure of LIH (buildings, equipments, etc).
- Master’s degree in economics, finance or business administration; an MBA or equivalent is preferred.
- 10 years of experience in administrative and financial management, more specifically in the domains of accounting, IT, human resources and technical services.
- Experience in the domain of research and/or interactions with government ministries would be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of the financial management tools and specific features of accounting law, labour law and Luxembourg corporate law.
- Experience in drafting legal contracts, contract management and supplier management.
- Corporate governance practice.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have sense of organisation, personnel integrity, leadership, as well as diplomacy.
- Must be flexible, prompt, available and reliable.
- IT skills: Proficiency in MS Office tools, accounting and management control software.
- Language skills: fluency in French and English are a must. German and Luxembourgish would be assets.
Applications including a cover letter and a full curriculum vitae should be sent through our website by clicking on the "apply" button below and using the following reference : VD/CFAO1118/VG/ADM.