AML/CTF ASSOCIATE (M/F)
Associate level role supporting the AML/CFT Compliance Officer in ensuring that the Company's AML/CFT Function continues to comply with the requirements as detailed in CSSF Circular 18/698. Acting as the deputy to the AML/CFT Compliance Officer in his/her absence.
- Responsible for supporting the AML/CFT Compliance officer in the AML Function of the Company to ensure compliance with the AML/CFT Law, CSSF Reg 12-02 and the CSSF Circulars on AML/CFT;
- Investigate transactions and activity that trigger the monitoring rules at the Transfer Agent;
- Review and sign off escalations from the Transfer Agent in relation to Applicant/Shareholder risk assessments;
- Review and answer escalations from the Transfer Agent on any WorldCheck/watchlist hits;
- Review, and where relevant sign off, Customer Identification for the Company's customers in accordance with The Company's AML Guidelines;
- Review, and where relevant sign off, AML Due Diligence on investments for the Company's private market investments;
- PEP monitoring and reviews;
- Assist with CSSF Reporting in accordance with CSSF Circular 18/698;
- Assist with day to day AML/CFT oversight of delegates appointed in accordance with CSSF Circular 18/698;
- Act as backup to the AML/CFT Compliance Officer for SAR filings to the relevant FIU;
- Assist with required risk assessments and ensure they are done in accordance with CSSF Circulars and relevant regulations;
- Ensure accurate record keeping and escalation channels are effective;
- Assist with ensuring compliance with EU and other relevant Sanctions legislation;
- Adhering to the in-house Code of Ethics which forms part of employment contract, and which includes the following key policies Management of Conflicts of Interest, Treating Clients Fairly, Confidentiality of Client and Business Information, Handling of Inside Information, Personal Account Dealing, Disclosure of Outside Interests, Provision or receipt of Gifts, Entertainment, Events or other benefits
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- 1-3 years' experience within a financial services organisation, AML/CFT experience is advantageous;
- A working knowledge of CSSF Circular 18/698 or the drive and dedication to get up to speed;
- A good understanding of the AML/CFT environment in Luxembourg and global best practice or the drive and Dedication to get up to speed;
- A good understanding of UCITS and AIFMD Funds - Private Market experience is advantageous;
- Degree educated or equivalent work experience;
- Full proficiency in English (Written and Spoken) - French or German as a second language is advantageous.
- High level system skills, especially Microsoft Excel (incl charts and pivot tables)
- General database skills
- WorldCheck One skills
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Ability to be clear and concise when passing on information;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders;
- A pro-active and flexible attitude with the ability to demonstrate initiative;
- Diligent with an eye for detail.
Our client is a Management Company.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.