Job Title: Assistant Fund Administrator (M/F)
Location: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Langham Hall was formed to provide premium quality fund administration, accounting and investor reporting services together with a selection of consultancy services to real estate and private equity fund clients. Langham Hall was started in 2006 and now has operations in London, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Jersey, Guernsey, Singapore, The Netherlands and New York with approximately 280 staff administering more than $50bn of real estate and private equity funds. In addition, Langham Hall acts as a depositary to private equity and real estate funds, looking after over $50bn of assets across jurisdictions.
The Langham Hall group is the fastest growing in its sector and continues to expand. Langham Hall was the first in its sector to be nominated and to win the BVCA “Best specialist professional services firm of the year” and more recently won the ICFA “European Property Administrator of the Year” against the top European banks in the sector. There are exciting opportunities for people joining at this stage of its evolution.
Langham Hall Luxembourg S.à r.l. is licensed and regulated by the CSSF and provides domiciliation, central administration, transfer agency and depositary services to regulated and unregulated funds and SPVs in the real estate and private equity sectors to a rapidly expanding client portfolio.
The role will be focused and will also include all aspects of operation and administration of a portfolio of funds and other structures (accounting, budgeting, tax, company secretarial, regulatory and compliance) mainly in the private equity and real estate sector. The individual will assist with the servicing a portfolio of funds and other structures. The individual will liaise with fund manager clients, third parties (including auditors) and other external advisors necessary to ensure smooth operation of the structure and to ensure that deadlines are met. Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, assistance with periodic reporting (usually under Luxembourg GAAP or IFRS), assisting with calls, distributions, transactions, board meetings and other day to day functions. The individual will work within a small client team, reporting on a daily basis to the relevant Langham Hall administrator, manager and director.
Langham Hall takes the development of its employees very seriously and offers sponsorship of a professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA) as part of the package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Client relationships and administration:
- Being involved in all aspects of real estate and private equity fund administration and coordination of company secretarial duties;
- Carrying out the day to day administration of real estate and private equity funds, which are typically limited partnerships, and subsidiary SPVs;
- The creation and maintenance of statutory registers and investor related documentation, assisting with calls and distributions, creating and maintaining Langham Hall own records of a portfolio of clients; billing and cash collection;
- The candidate will be expected to become familiar with the Luxembourg legal and regulatory regime applicable to funds and investment structures;
- The candidate will be expected to develop an understanding of limited partnership agreement, articles of association and other legal documents relating to the management, control and administration of the fund vehicles for which they have primary responsibility;
- Daily cash management tasks across a number of bank accounts. To be familiar with banking and payment processes, formatting and systems;
- Coordinating the initial secretarial and regulatory needs of clients;
- Creation and set up of new clients and entities (companies, limited partnerships) including collation and satisfaction of Langham Hall’s KYC / AML requirements for all new entities or investors;
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
- Assistance with year end audits including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Client onboarding including project managing the CDD process.
- Assistance in preparing Luxembourg statutory reporting and VAT and tax returns.
- Ad hoc projects to assist the managers and directors with growing the business.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- Graduate in Business Studies, Economics or similar.
- Fluent in English (French or German would be considered as an advantage)
- Ability to write basic reports, minutes, business correspondence.
- Ability to write business correspondence and deal with routine emails, enquiries and telephone calls.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other team members and clients.
- The candidate will receive training and coaching required and it is not expected that the candidate hold any material prior experience in fund administration.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- The candidate will hold a strong masters or bachelors degree in Business Studies, Economics or similar.
- ½ years experience in a similar sector (administrator/ big 4 or similar)
To apply or for further information
Send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, call Mylene Covalcique on +352 27851527.