KPMG Luxembourg is looking for forward-thinking and passionate people to make a difference to our clients, people and communities.
To support our growth, we, at KPMG Luxembourg are looking for an: "Assistant Manager or Manager in Deal Advisory (Restructuring) (m/f)."
Deal Advisory delivers a wide range of transaction related services, which include Restructuring, Financial Diligence and Corporate Finance.
KPMG’s clients in Restructuring are medium and large companies of various sectors facing demanding situations in their corporate life-cycle. An Assistant Manager / Manager in Restructuring typically provides assistance to clients whether they are in a situation of strategic reorientation, financial distress or voluntary liquidation. Key to your work will be to coordinate a team of people throughout complex situations and to employ a broad range of technical skills and knowledge.
The role and responsibilities
We are seeking an individual who will enhance a team committed to remaining the market leader by size and reputation.
Your role will consist in:
- Conducting in-depth industry and company research
- Performing local, national and international fund industry or banking market analysis on a wide range of public and private entities using all accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals, pitch packs, industry bulletins, reports, information memoranda and presentations for specific engagements
- Taking a lead in the execution of voluntary liquidation mandates for any type of structure in Luxembourg
- Assisting in preparing and evaluating financial models with the capability to sensitize key inputs and stress test financial covenants
- Assisting in the preparation and execution of exit plans for lenders (i.e. transfer/ sale of assets/loans, refinancing, loan modifications, work-outs, enforcement, run-off)
Building relationships – commercializing and sustaining relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm will be an important aspect of the role
Developing people by giving clear directions, positive and constructive feedback. You will coach less experienced staff and actively develop or assist the development of others
The perfect candidate
- You hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Business Administration or Banking from an accredited college or university. Any additional professional qualification is a plus (CFA, ACCA, CA, CAIA)
- You have 4 to 7 years of experience in Restructuring, Fund industry, Real Estate or Banking
- You have a good understanding of IFRS, financial statements and models
- You have strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, project management as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are able to master new tasks and industries quickly
- You demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- You are able to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- You have an excellent attention to detail
- You are able to perform consistently under high pressure
- A financial qualification would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite.
- You have a genuine interest in business development and developing knowledge and experience of the banking or fund industry
- You are fluent in English. French or German are considered as strong advantage.
If your profile fits the above description, send us your CV and cover letter.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize KPMG to transmit and store your information in the KPMG recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
KPMG is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills.