Applications are invited by the Luxembourg office of the Maples Group for the position of Lawyer.
Banking and Finance Lawyer – PQE levels from 0 to 2
Our Luxembourg office is seeking a Banking and Finance a lawyerto join our already highly successful legal practice, which combines extensive knowledge and experience of Luxembourg law with the in-depth strength of a global law firm. Where appropriate, our clients can draw on the expertise of other Maples group offices around the world, ensuring that their businesses and transactions are structured optimally.
The role represents excellent opportunities for a lawyer to join our Banking and Finance Group and make a significant contribution to our growing practice. The role includes the following duties:
- Advising clients on a wide range of matters, with a particular focus on providing legal advice to our clients in general banking transactions (including fund finance, corporate finance, asset finance, securitization, capital market).
- Working with a client base that comprises of domestic and international clients and with prestigious foreign law firms.
- Engaging in business development activities, being active in the promotion of the firm and seeking opportunities for new work and cross-selling.
- Working as part of a team and in daily interaction with the partnersand taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience within the team.
- It is essential that all candidates have a strong academic background, with excellent written communication and drafting skills.
- The successful candidates will also have outstanding technical skills, together with the ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues, and work well in a team environment.
- All candidates must be eligible to work within Luxembourg.
- Applicants need to be bilingual with at least English and French (German would be an asset).
The Offer Package
- We offer an excellent compensation package for this role which includes; a competitive salary, a discretionary performance based bonus scheme and an excellent benefits package.
The Maples Group is a leading service provider offering clients a comprehensive range of legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg, and is an independent provider of legal services, fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management services. The Maples Group distinguishes itself with a client-focused approach, providing solutions tailored to their specific needs. Its global network of lawyers and industry professionals are strategically located in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to ensure that clients gain immediate access to expert advice and bespoke support, within convenient time zones.
For an explanation of how we handle your personal data submitted for positions with one of our European entities, please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice which is available here -https://www.maplesfs.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice-europe/