The "Laboratoire national de santé" (Luxembourg public institution) is recruiting a dynamic and pro-active Biologist (medical or pharmacist biologist) (m/f),
with an experience in environmental and occupational hygiene and health, for the Unit ‘Environmental Hygiene and Human Biological Monitoring’ (Department Health Protection) in a full time, permanent position.
About the Laboratoire national de santé (LNS) and the Unit ‘Environmental Hygiene and Human Biological Monitoring’ :
The "Laboratoire national de santé" (LNS) is a public institution under the supervision of the ministry of Health in Luxembourg. Organised as a multidisciplinary institute and supported by a professional services team, the LNS includes four scientific departments in the fields of medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection, in addition to hosting the National Center of Pathology and the National Center of Genetics.
The LNS has its new premises in Dudelange, with state of the art, modern infrastructure in line with recent developments in medical sciences.
Its objective is to develop scientific and analytical expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases. Its ultimate mission is to serve patients and citizens and offer excellence in health care.
The Unit ‘Environmental Hygiene and Human Biological Monitoring’ has strong expertise in indoor pollution, migration analyses, and biological and occupational surveillance. The Unit mainly works for the Ministry of Health and is an active partner in the H2020-project ‘Coordinating and advancing human biomonitoring in Europe to provide evidence for chemical policy making’ (HBM4EU).
About the position :
Job description :
As a biologist, you will expand the human biomonitoring activities inside the Unit ‘Environmental Hygiene and Human Biological Monitoring’. Therefore, you will
- Optimize existing methods and develop new methods for the analyses of organic compounds in samples collected for human biomonitoring (using GC-MS, LC-MS, etc.);
- Validate methods according to the quality system (ISO 17025 / ISO 15189);
- Supervise and signoff the human biological analyses in the Unit;
- Participate in the daily maintenances and problem solving related to the analytical instruments (GC-MS, LC-MS, etc);
- Participate actively in the management of the Unit;
- Participate in the national and international networking and research projects of the Unit.
Job specific skills :
- Doctor biologist or pharmacist biologist (m/f); (Médecin spécialiste en biologie ou pharmacien biologiste) ;
- Completed the legal formalities in order to obtain recognition in clinical biology in Luxembourg;
- Proven track record in the method development for organic compounds in a chemical laboratory, preferentially in the field of environmental and occupational health
- Experience in mass spectrometry and separation technics (e.g. GC, LC);
- Experience in risk assessment and environmental/occupational toxicology;
- Knowledge of other analytical techniques (ICP-MS) is considered an asset;
- A perfect fluency in English and French (oral and written). Working proficiency in Luxembourgish and/or German is considered as an advantage.
- Strong organizational skills and structured way of working;
- Strong analytical thinking;
- Strong networking and communication skills;
- Excellent team working skills;
- Result and client oriented mindset;
- Ability to generate the necessary information from the working context to report to and interact with upper management levels and supporting services.
We offer :
- A highly competitive salary;
- A dynamic unit in full expansion and developing new activities at request of its stakeholders;
- An international and multidisciplinary environment;
- Continuous training possibilities.