For the Publications Office of the European Union in Luxembourg, we are in charge of the provision of IT services related to consultancy, assistance and development services regarding SGML, XML, HTML and XHTML matters. In this scope, we are looking to recruit a new consultant to reinforce our team.
Business and Technical Analyst (Metadata Exchange/XML)
Project description :
You work for the Intersinstitutional Metadata Maintenance Committee (IMMC). This Committee define a minimum set of Metadata elements, that are to be used in the data exchange related to the legal decision making process between the institutions involved and the Publications Office.
- You analyse, elicit and gather requirements for all institutions and stakeholders
- You translate business requirements into technical requirements
- You develop and maintain XML standards for interinstitutional communications and data exchange.
Activities and responsibilities:
- Gather requirements
- Analyse requirements with interviews, focus groups, impromptu meetings or brainstorm sessions.
- Create deliverables like mock-ups, wireframes and guidelines
- Communicate tangible documentation and conduct walkthroughs with all relevant actors at internal coordination meetings at the Publications Office level and at plenary meetings with representatives of involved European institutions.
- Create guidelines, blueprints, patterns and conventions.
- Develop XML schemas, create documentation and samples.
- Manage versions, manage releases.
- You have at least a bachelor degree
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in IT
- Very strong knowledge in XML, XML schema, XSD is manadatory
- Knowledge of Dublin Core is an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonnal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
If you are interested, please send us your application.