As a Business Unit Manager Legal & Corporate (BUM L&C) you will co-manage together with the Business Unit Manager Accounting (BUM A) under supervision of the Business Unit Director (BUD) a Business Unit (BU).
Intertrust is a global leader in providing expert administrative services to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. Intertrust is a global leader in providing expert administrative services to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. The Company has more than 2,500 employees across 39 offices and 28 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle-East. Intertrust has leading market positions in selected key financial markets, including the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Jersey and the Americas. Intertrust delivers high-quality, tailored corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices.
The BUM (L&C) is responsible for managing the day-to-day day legal, corporate and administrative affairs relating to client companies in one of our Business Units.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The BUM (L&C) manages the planning and activities of the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
- He/she defines specific objectives and scope of work to be done and ensures that the services delivered to the clients are in accordance with Intertrust standards.
- The BUM (L&C) monitors and reviews the status of the corporate and legal affairs of the client companies.
- The BUM (L&C) reviews the time writing of the Legal & Corporate sub-team on a weekly basis to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on behalf of clients in accordance with the “Time Recording” process and procedure.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures pro-active participation in the cash collection of the outstanding invoices by the Legal & Corporate sub-team in accordance with the “Accounts Payable Management” process and procedure.
- He/she assists the BUD in hiring new staff members for the BU.
- The BUM (L&C) organizes (and conducts where applicable) the annual appraisal, promotions, goal settings and development process of the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
- The BUM (L&C) is responsible for the people management process in the Legal & Corporate sub-team, including, but not limited to, providing appropriate training, coaching, feedback and giving clear ambitious and achievable targets to the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
Legal and Corporate Secretarial
- The BUM (L&C) supervises and signs-off on corporate and finance transactions, ensuring their timely and accurate execution.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures he/she and the Legal & Corporate sub-team fully understand the transactions.
- The BUM (L&C) together with the BUM (A) ensures cooperation between the Accounting and Legal & Corporate sub-teams to manage/conduct the necessary financial aspects of specific transactions (incorporation, liquidation, migrations, closings etc.).
- The BUM (L&C) ensures the proper incorporation of new client companies or as the case may be the transfer in of client companies from another service provider in accordance with our processes and procedures.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures the proper opening of the bank accounts of the client company in accordance with our processes and procedures.
- The BUM (L&C) reviews and signs-off the drafting and/or review of legal and transaction documents in accordance with our procedure and policy.
- The BUM (L&C) supports the Legal & Corporate sub-team(s) with answering complex legal & corporate matters and queries, in cooperation with Legal Director Client Services, if applicable and where necessary.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures the proper maintenance of the legal files (completeness, accuracy, updating etc.) of the Legal & Corporate sub-team in accordance with our processes and procedures.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures the legal review of the financial statements team in accordance with the process and procedure.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures timely acceptance of clients in accordance with the “Client Acceptance” process and procedure.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures timely periodic review of clients in accordance with Intertrust process and procedure.
- The BUM (L&C) actively participates in risk management and compliance.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures active transaction monitoring of the companies in the BU in accordance with the “Transaction Monitoring” process and procedure.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures the Legal & Corporate sub-team follows the 24 hour response policy (internally and externally).
- The BUM (L&C) ensures appropriate organization and welcome of clients during client meetings.
- The BUM (L&C) ensures timely organization and preparation of board meetings (leadership, location, social program, board pack, minutes…).
- The BUM (L&C) monitors and ensures clear, efficient and professional communication between sub-team members and third parties.
- The BUM (L&C) takes ownership in maintaining the relationship with existing clients and intermediaries. This should result in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and limit client outflow.
- The BUM (L&C) together with the BUD (and BUM (A) where applicable) and the sales members of the BU prepares and ensures execution of the Commercial Business Plan and Annual BU Budgets (where applicable).
- The BUM (L&C) attends meetings of prospects and intermediaries in order to present Intertrust and its services. He/she participates in business trips for visiting existing clients, intermediaries and new potential clients.
Act as Director/Manager on Board of client companies
- The BUM (L&C) is expected to take on the role of Director/Manager on the boards of client companies in accordance with the “Directors and Managers” procedure and policy.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Obtained University or professional studies in law or an equivalent level gained through relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning.
- Gained a minimum of 9 years relevant experience in an international Law, Tax or Trust environment.
- Have solid knowledge of international tax law, Luxembourg law and international company law (holding and finance structures, incorporations, joint ventures, liquidation procedures, (group) financing rules and corporate transactions).
- Gained team management expertise and who have excellent organization and communication skills as well as solid analytical skills.
- Are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Call to action
If this position and our highly diverse company culture appeal to you, please apply directly via the ‘apply’ button, providing us with your CV and cover letter.