As Compliance Manager you will responsible for developing, implementing, administering, and controlling Company's compliance policies, in a manner that fulfills Company's mission and strategic goals to manage compliance risks.
My client is a player in the insurance sector.
- Act as the accountable compliance officer for the company's activities with responsibility for regulatory and advisory compliance
- Provide compliance assistance for the setting up of branches, including coordination with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Set up the compliance framework of the company, including drafting of policies, standards and procedures
- Promote a strong compliance culture through robust check and challenge processes and compliance advice to the business, including training
- Monitor regulatory developments and market practices and advise the business accordingly
- Prepare and maintain a risk-based compliance program designed to prevent, detect and address non-compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, polices and standards
- Establish and communicate Company's Compliance objectives and direction and integrate the compliance function into the business strategy development process.
- Develop and ensure the proper implementation of established policies and procedures within the Compliance department.
- Ensure compliance of the Company with laws and regulations in the countries of operation.
- Design, develop and maintain the AML and Legal Compliance Work Programs in conformity with laws, insurance circulars and best practices.
- Implement and control measures for complying with sanctions and restrictions set by government authorities, in those countries in which the company operates, and countries from where the business originates.
- Act as the central point, gathering information on suspicious clients and stakeholders, and coordinating with regulatory authorities in the country of operations.
- Work closely with business entities to establish, maintain and continuously monitor legal compliance risks. Develop and implements systems for the identification, collection and analysis of compliance risk data.
- Report to the Direct Manager in respect of incidents of non-compliance along with remedial actions, in addition to suspicious and risky operations, or issues involving Money Laundering activities (if any).
- Establish risk compliance reporting in an appropriate format for management review.
- Monitor the Compliance plan/program outcome and provides a monthly summary to the Direct Manager on its progress.
- Identify and suggest any potential improvement in the department's working methods by researching AML and Legal Compliance international practices.
- Organize training sessions to enhance awareness among employees and keep them abreast of latest developments in AML and Compliance
- At least 6 years of experience in the compliance field preferably in the insurance sector
- Reinsurance good understanding and good knowledge
- Master Degree in Economics, Finance or Law
- Fluent in English
- Discover an new insurance company which is setting up its activities in Luxembourg
- Have the responsibility as the compliance specialist
- Ensure the compliance culture of the insurance company