Greenfield is happy to assist an international law firm with their search of a Compliance Officer. Our client has a leading position in the Benelux and offices in Brussels, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Luxembourg, London and New York. They advise a wide range of major clients in the financial and corporate sectors. The Luxembourg office currently employs over 60 lawyers and specializes in corporate and financial law, tax, intellectual property, regulatory, investment funds and commercial litigation.
As a Compliance Office you will provide compliance and integrity- related services to the firm's legal and support professionals as well as its clients. The aim of the services of the Compliance Office is to enhance awareness, countervailing power and protection of the license to operate whilst helping to achieve the firm's strategic business goals.
- working on compliance-related issues firm-wide;
- working closely with all colleagues in the Compliance Office;
- participating in the formulation of policies and the implementation and fine tuning of training courses;
- working on processes and systems in, among other things, the areas of new business acceptance and data protection;
- carrying out analyses of relevant laws and regulations and, on that basis, identify opportunities and risks in connection with the setting of the firm's strategic business aims and contribute to awareness raising, influencing firm culture/behaviour and the adoption of additional measures;
- other responsibilities will consist of ensuring the efficient compilation of complete client and matter files, particularly in connection with internal and external audits, and carrying out a variety of activities (monitoring, analysing and advising) in relation to the Compliance Office's annual focus areas.
- a Master degree/BAC+5 in Law;
- 2 to 4 years of experience, experience in a law firm
- an excellent command of English and French, both written and verbal. Knowledge of German or Dutch will be considered as an advantage;
- a team player and a self-starter;
- a good knowledge of and affinity with compliance and integrity and a familiarity with the
- associated ethics, values, culture and work processes;
- work confidently and on equal terms with all colleagues within a professional environment;
- a flexible and client/result oriented attitude;
- a strong ability to analyse and connect content and process;
- change management skills;
- a degree in Luxembourg law or in a field relevant to compliance, such as e.g. criminology,
- together with appropriate work experience.
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for, please forward your CV in English to Alan Chbeir by applying online.
Greenfield is a Luxembourg recruitment agency specializing in the Accounting & Controlling, Operational Finance & Banking, Legal and Human Resources sectors. Offering superior results through its modular approach, Greenfield makes the recruitment process faster and easier.