DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (m/f)
The Data protection officer operates as the sole responsible for data protection in Luxembourg and provides consultancy and advisory services to our client across the globe working in partnership with the other Oversight functions. The function's role is to provide an excellent compliance service, promoting a strong Data Protection compliance culture and enhancing the effectiveness, long-term profitability and reputation of our client through pro-active management of regulatory and reputation risk, undertaken in partnership with the business, and in the best interests of our investors and customers.
On a daily basis, the key responsibities of the DPO are as follows:
- Contributing to, advising on and supporting the implementing of a data protection programme across our client's European offices and entities.
- Providing advice to the business and senior management on all aspects of data protection.
- Overseeing the arrangements for the management of Personal information across Continental Europe ensuring that those arrangements are reasonably designed so as to comply with the principles set out in the Policy and local regulation.
- Supplying technical support, advice and guidance to the business, and advising on local management and staff on their data protection obligations and responsibilities.
- Managing the relationship with the relevant Data Protection Supervisory Authorities as required; managing regulatory notifications as relevant as well as coordinating internal escalation processes Senior Management and the relevant Head of Compliance. This may also include the co-ordination of responses to any consultations published by governmental or regulatory bodies which may have an impact upon privacy and data protection within our client.
- Dealing with Personal Data Breaches and, as appropriate external reporting to Data Protection Supervisory Authorities.
- Contributing to the Data Protection training programme to raise staff awareness of the standards required by the Policy and provide any additional training of staff, as required.
- Dealing with data protection related queries and complaints from data subjects.
- Independent oversight of the business' compliance with the Framework requirements.
- Monitoring and interpreting local regulatory developments and providing updates to Senior Management and Business Compliance.
- Contributing to the regular (e.g. quarterly) data protection updates for both Global and regional Senior Management and Business Compliance.
- Working in partnership with Legal in respect Privacy Notices etc,...
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Good working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and its national implementations in both Germany and Luxembourg.
- Fluency in German and English. French intermediate.
- Experience in contributing to, advising on and supporting the implementing of a data protection programme across an international group with a focus on pan-European entities. Thorough knowledge of data protection requirements in Europe, with detailed knowledge of Luxembourg and German data protection legislation.
- Expertise in the practical aspects and management of a pan-European global data protection framework including knowledge of applying adequate safeguards to the transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU.
- Experience of consumer/client, corporate and employee privacy issues, electronic marketing, advertising, consumer privacy policies, data subject access requests, data accuracy, retention, and records management programmes.
Our client is a prestigious asset management company.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.