Depositary & Oversight Supervisor
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service. Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the role:
The depositary function provides investor protection, through overseeing the general administration of the AIF, the safekeeping of AIF assets and monitoring the cash accounts of the AIF. The Depositary & Oversight team ensures that all depositary duties are performed in accordance with all laws and regulatory directives.
- Being involved in assessing the complexity of AIF strategies and determining how to apply oversight procedures appropriately to each AIF,
- Evaluate Private Equity, Debt and Real Estate transactions and cash flows
- Obtain and assess legal documentation to fulfill depositary's ownership verification and record keeping duties
- Work with internal and external parties to resolve queries and escalate any issues
- Keep up-to-date with related business, technical and regulatory developments (incl. AIFMD)
- Assist the on-site inspections of AIF administrators and sub-custodians
- Attend periodic client service meetings / board meetings
- Provide departmental reporting to management
- Participate in team development activities and ad-hoc projects
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in business/finance/law
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in either Audit Firm, Administrator, Investment Manager or other financial institution
- Knowledge of Private Equity, Real Estate, FOHF and Hedge Funds
- In depth knowledge of depositary duties and responsibilities
- Very strong written and spoken English. Additional languages, French and / or German, would be a distinct advantage
- Enjoy working in a multicultural team based in the city centre
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel etc).
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
- A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate