Become a key contributor to the senior finance and accounting team within an international group.
Our client is a well-known Real estate developer with international activities and an established office in Luxembourg.
Due to the expansion of the activities, they are creating a new role as Director of Accounting Europe, reporting directly to the CFO.
As Director of Accounting, your main responsibilities will include:
- Become a key member of the Finance and Accounting team with a broad view and ownership of key aspects of its finance and accounting activities across Europe ;
- Supervise and review the preparation of financial statements, investor reporting, financial reporting, consolidation and performance management ;
- Coordinate accounting & financial reporting for the European entities ;
- Ensure all functions and procedures of the accounting teams are running smoothly and efficiently ;
- Ensure that all transactions and financial policies for the organization meet applicable regulations and standards ;
- Be a primary contact for external parties (auditors, tax advisors, etc.) ;
- Be a key person and point of contact for all stakeholders (shareholders, investors, etc.) and internal colleagues (regional accounting team, regional finance and operating officers, etc.) ;
- Manage due diligence and structuring new investments ;
- Deal with ad hoc accounting and/or finance related projects ;
- Manage a team of 3 in Luxembourg and oversee a team of 12 across Europe ;
- Report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 12 years of experience within an International Audit, Accounting firm or other relevant experience
- Some experience within a family office, a PE or RE firm will be seen as an asset but is not required
- Exposure to Real Estate business will be considered an asset but is not required
- Deep knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP and/or IFRS
- Strong technical accounting skills and ability to deal with complex accounting issues
- Attention to detail, hands-on, proactive, independent, open with a proven "can do" attitude
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Ability to work efficiently in a team
- Perfectly fluent in English is required and proficiency in German will be considered an asset
Join a dynamic and fast-paced company and gain significant and high-impact management experience.