We are looking for one of our client for a 3 months contract to begin with a :
Fortran, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL Analyst Programmer (m/f)
Analyst - Programmer with IT service transition and service operation responsabilities within "MES Center of Excellence" IT department.
The MES department is in charge of developing/implementing/supporting MES applications (MES: Manufacturing Execution Systems) used in our Luxembourg workshops to schedule, steer and follow- up the production processes.
Roles and responsabilities
- Participate to the requirements specification.
- Develop or customize MES applications and their interfaces with ERP and automation computers.
- Ensure compliance of developments against user requirements, functional analysis and internal standards.
- Elaborate and apply testing scenarios.
- Commissioning of new features in the MES, including end-users training and go-live support.
- Document applications service transition (both for end-users and MES IT team) and service operation support
- Carry out service operation activities including:
§ Functional and operational support to users of MES applications,
§ Landscape monitoring (hardware, applications and interfaces) with internal tools and process the alerts
§ End-users support via periodic on-call duty
MINIMUM APPLICANT ATTRIBUTES:
- Education/Qualification: Bachelor
- Subject / Major: Computer Science
- Minimum Language Proficiency: French / English
• Knowledge of the following programming languages: Fortran, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL
• Strong experience in OpenVMS
• Experience in similar position, preferably in industry
• Teamwork and initiative
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Self-learning capability
• Good communication skills and stakeholders orientation (internal services, business or external suppliers)
• Capability to establish requirements specifications and functional/technical analysis
• Rigor and capacity to adapt to change DESIRED APPLICANT ATTRIBUTES:
• Administration of Oracle database (DBA)
• Knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: C #, VBA, Oracle Development Suite 11 (Forms, Reports, Designer)
• Knowledge of best practices and ITIL (Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement)
• Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) applications