Fund Accountant, Private Equity
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Team & Role:
Over the past 20 years Citco has invested heavily in growing the Private Equity & Real Estate (PERE) line of business. Our office in Luxembourg is home to some of the most accomplished professionals in the sector, providing best in class client support and unparalleled opportunities for learning, development and career progression.
Due to continued growth, we seek a Fund Accountant to join our team and help to further our business. Your role will encompass all facets of the calculation of net asset values on a variety of complex Private Equity funds. Working closely with account managers, your responsibilities will include:
Main Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Monthly/Quarterly Reporting Pack preparation, which includes:
- Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Cash and Portfolio Reconciliations
- Income and Expense Accruals
- Capital Activity processing (calls/distributions/transfers)
- Management Fee & Waterfall calculations
- Partner Allocation calculations
- Prepare and review trial balances, capital calls, distributions, and statements
- Financial Statement preparation with footnotes
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables (SLAs)
- Act as liaison to various internal/external parties e.g. auditors
- Interact directly with senior management and clients with appropriate escalation
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Coordinate with Onboarding team, Tax group, Investor Relations group, Financial Statement group, and other groups at Citco
- Understanding complex fund structures and accounting for them accordingly
- Review private equity fund clients limited partnership agreements, PPMs, and other materials
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- Ad hoc reports and client requests as needed
- Engage in local and global group projects
- Excellent command of English.
- Accountancy or business administration qualification essential.
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements is desirable
- Knowledge of various accounting standards and principals (Lux GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP)
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Investran / Yardi knowledge is beneficial.
- Actively engaged & committed to the collective work of the team, offering assistance and information to ensure team goals are met
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate.