FUND ADMINISTRATION OVERSIGHT OFFICER - LUXEMBOURG
Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless legal, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to private, corporate and institutional clients across multiple jurisdictions. Our tailored solutions embrace complexity to deliver simplicity by combining our talent, one-firm approach and best-of-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms. We are privately owned and fully independent with 18 offices in 13 jurisdictions, 1,400 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
The Fund Administration oversight officer will work as part of a workgroup within Maitland’s fund administration and Transfer agency teams as well the Management Company in Luxembourg and will be responsible for overseeing compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines whilst overseeing the timely completion of accurate Net Asset Valuations (NAV) by outsourced delegates.
The Fund Administration oversight officer will also participate in the day-to-day service delivery management to Fund Administration clients and support the funds platform from a due diligence and reporting perspective.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
- Daily/monthly/quarterly NAV review and oversight – regulated fund structures (all asset classes as relevant);
- Coordination of outsourced activities and ensuring tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements;
- Day-to-day “hands-on” service delivery management and resolution of operational issues (Fund Administration, Transfer Agency and Corporate Services);
- Resolve client inquires in an efficient manner;
- Collating information for the Management Company reporting and/or Depository reporting and delivering KPI reporting;
- Regulatory reporting (CSSF& BCL) - monthly/quarterly and annual;
- Preparation and submission of fund tax declarations;
- Instructing operational fund expense payments;
- Review of regulatory letters and drafting of responses to the regulators;
- Coordinating the Luxembourg component of fund audits;
- Completing Due Diligence questionnaires on behalf of the administrator;
- Coordinating and acting as primary respondent to the on-site due diligence questionnaires;
- Liaise with internal groups and external clients to build a quality client relationship experience;
- Assist with various projects as necessary.
Skills and experience required
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ recent experience in a similar role in Luxembourg;
- Relevant experience of alternatives accounting/auditing or financial controlling environment in Luxembourg
- At least educated to Bac+3, or equivalent;
- A Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Have the ability to work as a mem ber of a team across jurisdictions;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, service providers, authorities, and staff in a number of different jurisdictions;
- Be highly organised with a systematic work method and good attention to detail;
- Have excellent relationship skills and an international outlook;
- Have an ability to prioritise and plan a challenging workload and to stay calm under pressure;
- Contribute to team work ethos;
- Strongly commited to succeed and grown in a challenging and fast-paced environment;
- High level of computer literacy with a good knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel;
- Fluent in English; knowlegde of German or French would be considered as an advantage.
Learning and development:
- You will receive training on a day to day basis by coaching and mentoring
- Personal development plan will be agreed on an annual basis
- Self learning
- Attendance to internal training including webinars, workshops and workgroups as may be required
- Attendance at external seminars and training events as may be required
The Fund Administration Oversight Officer will report to the Manager – Fund Administration.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package.