Intertrust is looking for a Fund Legal Counsel to join the Legal Department of its fast growing third-party AIFM.
The Fund Legal Counsel will be working in a dynamic environment under the supervision of the Head of Legal and Compliance. She/he will be dealing with AIFs related matters.
Intertrust is a global leader in providing expert administrative services to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. The Company has more than 2,500 employees across 39 offices and 28 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle-East. Intertrust has leading market positions in selected key financial markets, including the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Jersey and the Americas. Intertrust delivers high-quality, tailored corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices.
As Fund Legal Counsel you will be responsible for a wide range of activities for the AIFs under management. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, investment managers and other service providers and coordinate fund setup
- Review of fund documentation (i.e. offering document, LPA, side letter)
- Draft and negotiate fund agreements (i.e. AIFM, investment advisory, portfolio manager, depositary agreements)
- Liaise with CSSF for various notifications (i.e. delegation, fund management and fund registration)
- Day-to-day of the funds under management and collaboration with Intertrust and third-party Fund Administrator and Depositary
- Legal update for the Legal Department
We are looking a candidate who:
- Has a University degree in Law
- Has at least 3 to 5 years of experience in Luxembourg investment funds (preferably coming from AIFM, UCITS management company or Law Firm with experience of AIFs setup)
- Advanced knowledge of Luxembourg fund regulation (especially AIFMD)
- Strong drafting skills in English with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Dynamic person with ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Organized, flexible with “hands-on” approach
- Team player with good communication skills
- Is fluent in English and French (any other language would be considered an asset)
Call to action
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please apply directly via the ‘apply now’ button, providing us with your CV and cover letter.