We are working with a dynamic Management Company that is looking for a Head of Portfolio Management and Conducting Officer to lead a growing team. This is an exciting and growing company with a strong pipeline of business, which includes Real Estate, Private Equity and other illiquid asset strategies, and they pride themselves on strong and collaborative teamwork.
The successful candidate must have proven experience in portfolio management, with exposure to portfolio and investment monitoring. You will work with investment advisors, you will understand portfolio strategies, managing fund investments, performance attribution along with wider investment operations and overseeing delegated functions. You must have knowledge in Alternative asset classes, specifically private equity and real estate.
You will need to build relationships with senior stakeholders, internally and with key reports at delegated service providers. You will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting aspects of the portfolio for the ManCo and delegated activities.
There are many interesting dimensions to the role, which include but are not limited to:
- Leading a small team of portfolio managers including all managerial duties associated with this – coaching, developing and making sure team perform in accordance with policy and procedure
- Executing portfolio management duties – work with investment advisors to review investments, consider different strategies, restrictions, objectives and performance data including being able to review fund financials
- Supporting investment transactions and coordinate any compliance/legal requirements and delegated service provider responsibilities.
- Maintaining and developing delegated oversight frameworks and procedures as they pertain to portfolio management
- Collaborating with various senior stakeholders including management committees and board of director reviews; making sure performance, operational risk, compliance concerns are escalated and remediated accordingly
- Prepare reporting for various committees and board meetings with regards to portfolio service and management – be able to document, present and offer solutions
- Work to facilitate client on-boarding and be involved in oversight of delegated service providers; look to put in place and review SLA’s, partake in due diligence meetings if required.
To be successful in this Head of Portfolio Management role, you will need the following experience:
- 7-10 years’ experience of Private Equity/Real Estate and Asset Management experience.
- Alternatives subject matter expertise is a must – specifically deep knowledge in Private Equity and Real Estate asset classes.
- Understanding of lifecycle of fund - from set up, investor requests, redemptions
- Experience of portfolio review and working with investment managers
- Exposure of working with third party delegates and service providers
- Fluent English, both written and verbal, is mandatory – other languages, especially German would be advantageous but not essential.
- You must be a strong communicator, able to persuade, negotiate and present and be highly analytical.
The position is varied and challenging with many touchpoints within the business in Luxembourg and throughout the world. You will regularly liaise with peers, sharing information and client focused solutions. If this opportunity motivates you, apply now!
All applications are handled in the strictest confidence, and your data is never shared with any third party without your express consent.
EuroLux Consulting specialises in recruiting experienced professionals for the thriving Luxembourg financial and legal services market. We have a large network of highly skilled professional candidates and we collaborate with some of the highest calibre clients in the market.
Eurolux Consulting has been working in the Luxembourg market for a decade. We are committed to being market-leading experts, and indeed, our director has over 18 years’ experience recruiting within the Luxembourg market. Our clients include banks, asset managers, ManCos, law firms, trust & corporate services companies, private equity firms, real estate management companies, investment companies, fintech and consulting companies, all based in Luxembourg.
We will consider each application and we will contact you if your profile may be a good fit for our client. By sending your CV, you are consenting to Eurolux reviewing and processing your data for the purpose of the recruitment process. If you do not consent to that, do not send us your CV.
Please note that we cannot respond to every application. If your profile is strong but not quite right for our client’s current need, we may keep your CV on our internal database, and contact you when we have an interesting role that suits your profile and may be of interest. If you do not want us to do that, please let us know.
Our specialities: Fund Administration/Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Client Onboarding, AML/KYC, Regulatory Compliance, Client Services, Relationship Management, Internal Audit, Financial Accounting, Investment Control, Product Development, Product Management, Business Development, Project Management, Programme Management, Business Analysis, Fund Law, Corporate Law, Finance.
Asset classes include: traditional funds, alternative funds (regulated and unregulated), hold.co.s, Lux co.s, (UCITs, UCIs, OEICs, SICAVs, SIFs, SICARs, SICAFs, RAIFs, SPVs, SPFs, SCSp, Sarl, SA…)
If you require assistance in job seeking or information about the Luxembourg job market, please get in contact via tel: +44 207 871 9020, or please go to http://www.euroluxconsulting.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.