Internal Audit Manager (M/F)
The role will report to the Continental Europe Internal Audit Associate Director. The role of the Audit Manager is to deliver audit assignments as part of a wider team, to verify that business operations are effectively controlled and that risks are mitigated. You will be required to participate in the planning and execution of audit assignments in line with the audit methodology, producing findings and draft reports for presentation to Senior Management. The role will primarily be based in Luxembourg, but the role will also involve an element of travel to other office in Continental Europe and the UK offices, as there will also be the opportunity to participate in global audits, when required.
- Scheduling the audit, scoping and planning.
- Executing and documenting audit testing.
- Drawing conclusions based on the outcome of audit testing.
- Identifying areas in need of improvement and assisting in the development of an action plan.
- Drafting the audit report and presenting to Internal Audit management.
- Keeping departmental management fully informed on the progress of all assignments and following-up issues to ensure that all agreed improvements have been actioned.
- Working alongside IT auditors to deliver 'integrated' audits including examining application control functionality.
- Working within cross functional teams on longer term projects, such as new initiatives, systems developments and product launches.
- Ad hoc investigations.
- Contributing to the development of processes and procedures within Internal Audit.
- Assisting with Internal Audit data analytics.
The Candidate Profile:
- Chartered accountant or chartered internal auditor
- Financial services experience, preferably in banking or asset management
- Experience of leading small audits from planning to reporting
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written), any other language would be an asset
- Proven Business auditing experience and exposure to IT auditing
- Good knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of auditing
- Ability to work effectively in a team along with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Knowledge of regulations as well as risks and controls associated with products across asset management and banking
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence senior stakeholders
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Delivery focus with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable and ability to respond effectively to changing business needs
- Ability to travel between offices as required.
Our client is a large asset manager based in Kirchburg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.