Line of ServiceInternal Firm Services
SpecialismIFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & SummaryA career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You’ll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC’s strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist the team in various aspects of the project
- Prepare deliverables
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Ensure you are adhering to compliance matters
- Work on developing internal relationships and your PwC brand
As part of a multinational, young and dynamic company, you will join a team of around 160 IT specialists working on varied and innovative internal projects.
As a Java Developer (m/f), you will:
• Helping to develop and implement innovative applications to respond to the needs of our various departments;
• Sharing your knowledge with other specialists; and
• Managing internal projects, from drawing up their specifications to rolling them out.
• At the very least, you have an diploma or degree (or similar) in IT;
• You have at least 2 years’ experience in object-oriented programming;
• You have experience of working on projects as part of a team;
• You have already used several different programming languages and now you want to play a key role in a long-term project;
• You are proficient in French and English, which are widely used within our firm.
Your technical skills
You have experience in the following fields:
• Java/J2EE stack (EJB, JPA, Spring, Hibernate, JSF, web services, etc.);
• Servers: WebSphere, Tomcat, GlassFish, etc.;
• Development tools: Eclipse/RAD, Git/SVN, Maven/Gradle;
• Databases: Microsoft SQL, Oracle;
• Continuous integration: Jenkins, Sonar.
Education(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications(if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages(If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
Job Posting End DateJune 30, 2019