This is an exciting opportunity to join our EMEA IT Digital and Analytics team as a Data Engineer, working within the Advanced Analytics Domain.
You will be joining the team in charge of designing, developing and supervising the data pipeline for internal and external data sources. The team is constantly confronted with business challenges and you will contribute to the understanding of high level, loosely specified requirements and transform Data into Value for our business through integration, consolidation and presentation of the information in the most relevant possible way.
As a main focus for the function, you will contribute to create and maintain application in the traditional and modern Data Warehouse, including modern data lake, securing cyber security, compliance and GDPR aspects are fully covered.
To join our team you will need:
Bachelor's in Computer Science or similar technical field. Master’s degree preferred.
English is a must, other European language is an asset
3+ years of experience in a technical role preferably supporting big data infrastructure or platform development.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in AWS and/or Azure (EMR, HDIinsight).
- Practical experience in DevOps practice and automation toolsets (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- Knowledge of Scala (or Advanced Java), Python or equivalent OO development language required.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases,
- Practical experience in development of data pipeline in traditional and modern analytics (Data Warehouse and Data Lake).
- Strong understanding of security, Data Protection and Privacy concepts especially related to Cloud.
- Proven understanding of infrastructure as a code, scripting, virtualization and orchestration concepts.