AVP – IT Operations Manager
VP – Information Technology Manager
The AVP IT Operations Manager provides guidance to the IT department, but also directly supports end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a significant track record of success as a Technical Support within a multi-national organisation (ideally global) and possess the below skills/ qualities:
- IT Infrastructure background with clear understanding of Hardware, Network Security, Virtualization, Cloud, Storage, and Datacenter practices
- Experience of managing End User services and Service Desk Operation
- Knowledge of various service desk tools (Service Now, Symphony, Kaseya, Manage Engine etc.)
- Able to manage SLA, Vendor coordination, Escalation and reporting
- Conduct feasibility for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions
- Ability to manage and collaborate with outsourced partner and services model
- Understand ITSM processes (Incident, Change, Problem ) and delivery
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Understands cloud Infra Workloads
- Release and Change management
- Project Management skills: (Prince2, PMI Certification…)
- Proven team player
- Proven communicator
- Tactical focused with Strategic vision
- Responsive and Responsible
- On call availability
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or local equivalent.
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience in the IT Industry, including IT management experience.
- Broad understanding of IT architecture, infrastructure, operating systems, databases, web services, etc.
- Strong exposure to investment and financial applications.
- Familiarity with IT standards and industry best practices in business processes, operations, project management, and service management.
- Knowledge of Technologies and systems: VMWare, MDM, Microsoft ecosystem (Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, CA…) VPN, Backup systems, SharePoint, SQL, Privileged Access Management, Network Access control.
- Knowledge of Viewpoint, Sage Bob 50, eFront, will be an advantage.
- Project management experience for both on-premise package and SaaS hosted implementations.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn new business skills and undertake challenging IT assignments.
- Results oriented and able to self-manage and/or work with small teams.
- Completely fluent in written and spoken English. French will be an advantage.