LuxTrust is a Trusted Cloud Services provider created and supported by governmental, institutional and private partners. Its mission is to enable a digital world, ensuring the digital identity and security of electronic data of companies and citizens. The company provides state-of-the-art identification, electronic identities, digital signatures, electronic seals and timestamps solutions.
A business on human scale, oriented towards new technologies, we are now recruiting:
Legal Counsel (m/w)
The Legal Department is looking for a good team player with positive attitude in an exciting high tech environment, with good analytical and problem solving skills, eager to learn fast and efficiently.
The Legal Counsel shall provide legal support to all commercial and corporate activities of LuxTrust on national as well as international bases, and shall follow regulatory evolution which might impact LuxTrust’s business compliance.
Role description summary:
The Legal Counsel shall together with the Chief Legal & Regulatory Officer be the reference legal person within LuxTrust.
The job holder has the opportunity to learn and evolve in a challenging legal domain, working with the Chief Legal & Regulatory Officer on a wide range of legal topics, such as commercial, corporate, procurement activities, data protection (including compliance matters, GDPR), cybersecurity, business development deals and transactions. The Legal Counsel will enhance activities of LuxTrust on national as well as international basis, and shall follow relevant regulatory evolution which might impact LuxTrust’s business compliance.
Primary responsibilities / Key result areas
He/She shall be involved in all projects and matters related to, among others:
- Trust Services & Solutions provided by LuxTrust (digital identity, authentication services, signature and other trust services, dematerialization of processes, etc)
- Observe contract follow-up and administration; keep contact with business partners on contract execution
- Legal advice pertaining to and participation in cybersecurity projects, data protection and data management matters
- Support Sales and Pre-sales activities as required
- Follow regulatory evolutions and trends especially with regard to compliance to data-privacy regulations, as well as to all other national and international rules applicable to LuxTrust’s business (among others: PSF, GDPR, eIDAS, AML, PSD2, etc).
- Conduct research and draft memoranda in various legal fields
- Liaise with specialized outside legal advisors when necessary
- Provide assistance to LuxTrust’s affiliates and subsidiaries on corporate and commercial legal aspects as requested
- Provide support and advice in legal matters in various functions, including transactional work
- Capability to work in an accurate and organized manner with proven attention to detail
- Flexibility and team-spirit
- Good interpersonal relations and communications skills (written and oral)
- Good time management and priority setting skills
- Proactive approach, can-do mentality and ability to work autonomously
- Rapidity in acquiring new knowledge
Qualifications & Experience
- Master degree or LLM in law
- Bar qualification would be of advantage
- Three to five years of post-qualification experience in a law firm or legal department of a company would be of advantage
- Experience in the technology/IT sector would be of advantage
- Has track record in legal & regulatory matters management (corporate & business)
- Applied experience in industry-related contract negotiation and management
- Has expertise in national (Lux) business laws, European laws and regulations.
- Computer literacy (word, excel, powerpoint)
Other key requirements / comments
- Fluency in English and French are required and additional European languages are considered an asset.
- Excellent English and French drafting skills are necessary as well as a sound capability to negotiate in English and French.
More than a company, you join a real project with entrepreneurial spirit and a long term vision. Development opportunities are present and require special commitment. You integrate into an enthusiastic and multicultural team in a friendly and professional environment. Permanent contract based in Capellen – Luxembourg. In addition to a competitive salary, in accordance with your education and experience, we offer other benefits including an employee benefit plan.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application along with a CV by e-mail to Mr D. Fonck, by clicking the Apply button below.