Laboratoire national de santé (a Luxembourg public institution) is recruiting a LIMS Software Engineer (m/f)
Our organization is looking for a LIMS (Laboratory Inventory Management System) engineer to enforce its dynamic IT Unit in a growing situation. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of IT solutions for different internal projects related to our 2 LIMS. You will also give advice on IT solutions or tools to be put in place and will ensure the maintenance of developed solutions. On this position, you will have a real impact on the patient care of the country.
The position will be available immediately in the LNS as a full-time position.
About the LNS
The “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a public institution operating under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg. It is organized as a multidisciplinary institute which, along with an administrative department, includes six scientific departments related to the fields of morphological and molecular pathology, genetics, medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection (www.lns.lu).
The LNS has new premises whose modern infrastructure is in line with the demands related to recent developments in medical and analytical science. The purpose of the LNS is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases, to ensure the role of a national control or reference laboratory and to carry out medico-legal tasks.
The LNS contributes to the development, harmonization and promotion of laboratory methods in collaborative projects with other laboratories and develops research and teaching activities in association with ad hoc partners in Luxembourg and abroad.
About the position
- Design, implement and maintain our LIMS systems with a global view of all the LNS information system
- Suggest IT solutions that are adapted to the context of the projects.
- Ensure the implementation and or the configurations of modules and connections associated with the LIMS
- Develop & test IT solutions, document the source program and configurations.
- Ensure the maintenance of the software after the implementation.
- Ensure a follow up on technology to improve the existing information system
- At least a Master's degree in Computer Science or Medical engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Fluency in French and English (written and oral), any other language being an asset
- Ability to analyze needs, troubleshoot and able to work on problem-solving solutions
- Ability to write technical documentation, followed by projects and operating procedures
- Open mind on new technologies and you master few of the following technologies :
- HL7 and IHE
- Linux/Unix, Windows
- Familiar with modern version control systems GIT
- Database modelling with a proved ability to adapt and learn new languages
- Ability to train by yourself and stay up to date with technical developments
- Strong safety awareness
- Rigor, dynamism, organizational capacity and responsiveness
- Customer service: communicating, explaining and maintaining relationships with users. Ability to manage stress, work in a team and listen
- Knowledge of quality management systems and knowledge of the relevant accreditation schemes (including ISO 9001:2015, ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ISO 15189:2012)
- Good command of relevant regulations (GDPR, CNS, etc.)
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference
2019-ITsofteng-01. The applications will be treated in order of arrival and with the highest degree of confidentiality.