Do you want to work in a fast paced, world class organization with a long history and an exciting future? Do you want to be part of a team based in Colmar-Berg contributing to the innovation, safety and sustainability of tires that drivers across EMEA rely on every day?
… if the answer is yes, then we have the right job for you :
The candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to development of fundamental technologies in the field of tire manufacturing; use modeling tools (Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD); FEA; simplified analytical models; statistics) to evaluate capabilities of manufacturing processes and their impact on tire performance characteristics;
- Interact with product development engineers and specialists at Goodyear/Dunlop plants to facilitate industrialization of new products; drive integration of manufacturing modeling tools in tire development process;
- Collaborate with application engineers to improve capabilities of existing manufacturing equipment.
To join our team you will need:
- M.Sc. in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, polymer engineering or a similar discipline; or
- PhD in mechanical or chemical engineering with specialization in polymer processing or numerical analysis
English is a must. Any other European language is an asset.
- 2+ years of experience in numerical simulation methods for Computational Fluid Dynamics; FEA and heat transfer analysis;
- 3+ years of experience in CFD simulation
- Experience with a CAD package such as CATIA V5
Skills & Qualifications:
- Good leadership and communication skills: being capable to convey information concisely to diverse audience; being able to convince and lead; active listening skills; ability to prioritize and follow through; ability to communicate and agree on expectations
- Being able to work in a team environment and deliver results on time.
- Strong programming skills and knowledge of non-linear FEA techniques are additional assets
- 2+ years of experience in new product development (tire development) and/or manufacturing environment (tire plant) experience in continuous improvement of technological processes, manufacturing process control and/or new product industrialization
- 2+ years of experience with statistics/data science tools