Marketing & Communications Manager (m/f)
THE ROLE :
The Marketing and Communications Manager will report to the Marketing & Communications Associate Director and will be responsible for:
- Developing a proactive approach to external and internal communications;
- Supporting the coordination of PR activities across Europe and follow up on press opportunities and meetings for EU senior management in liaison with the external communications agency;
- Responsible for the day to day relationship with appointed PR agencies,
- Creating and writing engaging content for new initiatives, campaigns and product launches;
- Developing compelling news and opinion-driven content and creative messaging to support building the brand and growing new business across all channels;
- Supporting communications on sponsorships, partnerships and events;
- Developing a proactive approach to marketing & communications - identifying new initiatives and/or opportunities to support the growth in new business;
- Being a steward of the company's reputation and brand;
- Being a trusted adviser on marketing and communications activity.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the company's value propositions covering marketing communications, market environment and competitive landscape;
- Contribute, coordinate and/or write content to support external communications (PR, newsletters, website, social media) and internal communications for each relevant audience and marketing channel;
- Develop and maintain content for the company's website in line with the legal and compliance requirements;
- Develop and produce specific press releases and ensure timely multichannel publication;
- Coordinate internal reviews and sign offs for all marketing & communications initiatives (content, messaging, communications, marketing collaterals, imagery, adverts, videos and merchandising);
- Work in partnership with HR in developing an engaging internal communications strategy, writing and contributing to internal publications and channels;
- Develop and execute the tactical marketing communications plan to support the development of the business and grow the brand;
- Build and manage effective relationships with the Sales teams and European Marketing & Communications Team heads to implement the PR strategy, strengthen the online presence, integrate communication planning and reporting for marketing communications.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field;
- Ideally, at least 8 years' industry experience in a similar role within the financial services industry - wealth management, private banking or insurance would be very beneficial;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - Excellent level in English - other European languages would be an asset, especially French, Italian, German, Spanish or Swedish;
- Proven skills, knowledge and experience in the design, coordinate and execution of marketing and PR campaigns;
- Experienced in working in media and corporate reputation;
- Experience in working with cross functional teams with the ability manage teams remotely, to influence and take initiative;
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage budget within defined limits;
- A team player with a creative and solutions-oriented mind set to problem-solving;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment and to deadlines;
- Experience with web content management platforms and understanding of SEO techniques;
- Experience in social media, including LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube;
- High IT literacy;
- Experience in working in media and corporate reputation;
- Experience in managing b2b Financial Services media campaigns;
- Proven copywriting expertise;
- Sound decision maker and negotiator;
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
Our client is an international financial institution.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.