Middle Office KYC Analyst (M/F)
Client Management Group (CMG) Analyst is part of a Middle Office unit that acts as the key point of contact for Relationship Managers and clients during the process of on boarding, client due diligence, KYC and account maintenance for corporate and institutional clients of HSBC Group. The Analyst is responsible for the oversight and co-ordination of new business on-boards, existing client maintenance, KYC renewals, credit reviews and facilitation of client exits.
Client Management Group (CMG) provides multi-jurisdictional client on boarding support to Relationship Managers and facilitates client KYC review, renewal, maintenance and exit activities across all HSBC products. CMG undertakes the coordination and completion of key operational activities, whilst providing regulatory expertise, Client Due Diligence (CDD) and risk management assistance.
- Assist and support Relationship Managers in tasks related to the on boarding and maintenance of customer files to ensure alignment with group standards, in particular ensuring that Client Due Diligence activities are undertaken in an appropriate fashion;
- Single point of contact for all Middle Office related activities for both internal and external clients, among which client outreach activities (client interaction) is the key one;
- Management and coordination of client on boarding across all functions (KYCS, Credit, Docs and Account Maintenance), on behalf of Relationship Managers. Have visibility of and assist in the coordination of review and KYC periodic renewal activity;
- Own the resolution of client and business escalations, effectively managing stakeholders' expectation at all times. Ensuring appropriate management tools employed to meet agreed on boarding target dates, resolution rates and KRI's.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- University degree in Finance, Legal or similar;
- At least 2 years' experience in client facing role within banking industry, or alternatively in corporate secretarial / compliance / law / corporate service provider (e.g. domiciliation agent, Big4);
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated person with a naturally proactive approach;
- Able to build strong relationships with other functions and business units, and the ability to interface with, and influence senior stakeholders in the team and the businesses it supports;
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and strong experience within a banking type environment;
- Extensive knowledge of KYC Know Your Customer policies and FCC Financial Crime Compliance topics. Knowledge of Luxembourg law and regulations is an advantage;
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands. Excellent problem solving, organisational and analytical skills;
- Delivery-focused with ability to pay attention to detail and ensure tasks are completed on time and to the required levels of quality;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build and maintain global relationships;
- Able to demonstrate confidence, gravitas and influencing skills when interacting with multiple senior stakeholders;
- High degree of Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills; Good command of Lotus Notes / Microsoft Outlook;
- Outstanding written / verbal communication and presentation skills Excellent command of English language.
Our client is a large international bank.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.