Operational Control Manager - TA (M/F)
The TA supervises the team and its day-to-day activities. They will continuously identify, analyze, and evaluate TA compliance and operational risks and, where necessary, formulates detailed proposals for relevant enhanced controls, and implements those autonomously within the department. They will supports the Director Global TA Compliance and Controls with a combination of strong technical and project leadership skills in the design and implementation of new / enhanced controls and processes on diverse regulatory themes.
They will evolve to become the Subject Matter Expert and owner in the field of annual automatic exchange of financial information in tax matters as well as working closely with internal stakeholders in Luxembourg, Singapore and San Antonio.
This role will require a hands-on commitment to excellence in quality construction of compliance and operational control processes, directly or indirectly impacting a globally operating in-house Transfer Agent.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To manage and mentor a team, and thus ensuring the consistent implementation of an effective and efficient control and analysis framework specifically but not limited to KYC/AML/CTF, Short Term Trading, High Value and High-Risk Transactions;
- To conduct ongoing internal control reviews of the business activities/operations to ensure controls are aligned properly with evolving business risks and applicable regulations;
- To write clear and concise reports summarizing review results and make appropriate recommendations;
- To ensure that procedural documentation and processes are developed and kept up-to-date;
- To coordinate with other entities involved in processing business activities to ensure that appropriate controls are in place over end-to-end processing;
- Review the output of internal reviews (e.g. Internal Audit), external third-party reviews (ISAE 3402) and compliance monitoring findings and implement the recommendations;
The Candidate Profile:
- Strong knowledge of audit concepts, techniques and procedures, including the ability to identify risks, analyze internal control systems, identify internal control gaps and related root causes and recommend appropriate corrective actions;
- Clear understanding of Transfer Agent operations and Client Service;
- Reasonable knowledge of relevant AML/KYC/CTF and Tax Reporting regulations;
- "Modern" Leadership skills and experience as a team partner;
- Ability to engage and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and complete assigned work within established time frames;
- Ability to interact with various levels of Management and to influence behavior without direct authority;
- Willingness to approach and appropriately challenge peers and management regarding process and control gaps;
- Excellent and strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong belief in quality, a keen eye for details and cross departmental coherences;
- Extremely well organized and being able to work independently;
- Excellent Computer Literacy knowledge (Microsoft Products, EXCEL in particular);
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of any other languages would be a distinct advantage.
Our client is a large asset manager based in Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.