In late 2018, at their Oslo headquarters, we met with a prestigious Nordic PE firm who advises multiple funds and who have very recently (2019) established their Luxembourg AIFM.
Having already worked with them in securing their Portfolio Management conducting officer, we are now mandated the second incumbent for the PM function, who along-side the conducting management team will play an integral role in the implementation of the portfolio management procedures under the scope of the Luxembourg AIFM. The incumbent will work closely with the deal teams, local COs, the Group COO and CFO.
- Top-tier Nordic PE investor
- 25+-year track record
- Leading mid-cap PE house specializing in buy-out opportunities in the Nordic region
- 5+ funds (buy-out
- AUM: c.1.5 billion+ EUR
- Superior IRR
- Stability of returns and steady growth since 2004
The Portfolio Management Analyst will work closely with the Portfolio Manager. They will together be principally responsible for the analysis of the performance of the underlying portfolio companies on an ongoing basis. The tasks will also include performing analyses on a fund basis and across funds.
The Investment Controller will in addition to those mentioned above also be in regular contact with management in portfolio companies.
This will include both the implementation of existing tools and procedures into the newly formed AIFM, and the ongoing development of advanced tools and metrics enabling analysis at a granular level.
In close collaboration with, and providing support to, the local PM conducting officer:
- Implement, evaluate and where required amendment to the portfolio management procedures under the scope of the Luxembourg AIFM;
- Aid in assessment of new investment proposals and monitoring of existing portfolio of assets;
- Regular follow-up of each underlying investment (portfolio companies);
- Periodic review of investment objectives and benchmarks;
- Portfolio analytics: including capacity, liquidity, investment risk and factor exposure analysis and capital call planning;
- Prepare supporting analysis and presentations for relevant investment committees at a local and group level;
- Undertake periodic due diligence reviews on the portfolio management entities under purview;
- Party to the support and oversight for new fund launches, or restructuring;
- Drive continuous development and refinement of the firm’s performance management systems and processes, ensuring reporting and data requirements;
- Prepare portfolio analyses, benchmarking and market analysis for decision support and investor communication.
“A very high potential professional, possessing outstanding analytical skills and a passion for the PE industry”
- A professional with c3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong academic results
- Will likely have a notable commercial edge and a critical eye
- Will have an affinity with financial analysis; will have a ‘quant’ mindset and a demonstrated ability to distill insights from the analyses
- Will have the capacity to dig deep into the details and will be highly adept at the development and utilization of financial models/modelling (this may include VBA skills)
- Likely, currently is, in comparable role – but must have a passion for the PE industry.
- Analytical, methodical and highly numerate
- Strong, clear and precise verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven, quality and results-oriented with an ability to work well under pressure
- Reliable, determined, hard-working and ambitious
- Strategic mindset, able to think beyond existing business limitations.
Greenfield is a leading Luxembourg based Recruitment and Executive Search Consultancy and has been selected exclusively to fulfill this mandate.
Courtney Charlton, Director