As a global leading designer, developer & manufacturer of rigid plastic packaging, Plastipak produces award-winning preforms, bottles and containers for a number of markets, including water, soft drinks, food, dairy, juice and alcohol, personal and home care. Our customers are amongst the best-known brands across the world.
Plastipak has manufacturing plants in North and Latin America, Europe & North Africa. The European division comprises 14 manufacturing plants in 12 countries, and produces around 20 billion units each year. Supported by dedicated research and development centres of excellence, our team ensures our leading position in material, barrier and manufacturing design and development.
Plastipak’s global recycling centers utilize the most advanced recycling technologies globally in converting collected and recycled plastic containers into high-quality post-consumer recycled PET resin (PET PCR or rPET) and HDPE resin. Post consumer recycled resin is converted back into containers for food, laundry, detergent, household cleaners and other common products. In Europe, Plastipak is one of the largest producers of food-grade rPET, with capacity to produce over 120 million tonnes of food-grade rPET (post-consumer recycled) material annually.
Our company in Luxembourg has about 160 employees and produces more than 4 billions of preforms every year as well as recycled PET. In order to reinforce our Team, we are looking to hire Production Manager Recycling (m/f) :
Directly reporting to Operations Manager, the Production Manager Recycling will be responsible for the set up and the development of our recycling plant. He/She will be responsible for the supervision of process and production in order to satisfy customer needs by delivering quality products on time and in required quantities.
Your main responsibilities for the recycling area:
- Ensure production process management and optimization by adjusting schedules/raw materials / workforce as necessary
- Set up and develop appropriate KPI’s to improve the production level
- Ensure continuous improvement through the analyses of quality control systems,
- mechanical and reliability issues
- Supervise and oversee recycling machines and equipment maintenance
- Estimate costs related to production, provide estimates and control for new projects,
- budget input and take measures to reduce loses
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations and implementation of H&S procedures in accordance with local legislation and Company procedures
- Supervise people management, identify training needs, conduct performance evaluations and facilitate/encourage involvement of subordinates
- Ensure implementation of Company policies and goals, provide production-related reporting
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of plastic management and use, preferably a strong interest in environmental management and recycling.
Education, work experience, skills and competencies required:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, but must have the capacity to absorb and apply complex technical information. Plastic technology, material science, chemical engineering, or any other technical discipline could be useful
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma
- Strong knowledge of English and French, any other language is an asset
- Computer skills and ERP Knowledge (SAP knowledge would be a plus)
- Knowledge of General Management (Finances, Sales & Marketing, …)
- Willingness to be part of a vibrant, forward thinking and collaborative team. Open to learning and making a valued contribution
Interested to join Plastipak, a committed company which is continually fulfilling our responsibilities to protect the environment for future generations, acting as responsible global citizen for a share community?
Please apply and send your cv as well as cover letter to email@example.com