Would you like to join a company which offers international exposure?
Do you have reporting accounting experience?
Would you like to work in a great Insurance company?
Our client is a specialist in property and casualty insurance as well as reinsurance. They are a leading global provider when it comes to insurance and reinsurance. Currently, they have a creation role for a Reporting Accountant to join their small team in Luxembourg. In this role the person would have daily contact with a team in London. The right person will report directly to the Financial Controller.
Production and submission of the 'quarterly reporting' and 'annual returns regulatory quarterly and annual filings to the local Regulator (CAA)
* Production and finalization of year end Statutory Accounts for the company including liaison with various departments to obtain required information for completion
* Production of other regulatory reporting for the company in Luxemburg, i.e. STATEC, ACA etc.
* Production of quarterly management reporting for branches and liaison with FP&A for the completion of the narratives for local branch managers
* Advisory regarding Luxembourg specific accounting regulations
* Management and review of regulatory reporting at the branches including Bundesbank reports in Germany and regulatory reports in Italy
* Production of branch specific reports supporting income tax calculations at the branch level
* Collaboration and communication with other Finance functions (Tax, Technical Accounting, Financial Accounting, Corporate Controllership) and other departments (Actuarial, Claims, Operations, FP&A) to assist in development of reporting processes as it expands
* Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of VAT for the Luxembourg office
* Provide lead support to internal external audit to include provision of information on processes and procedures
* Practical experience in 'quarterly reporting' and 'annual reports" of insurance companies to the CAA
* 2+ years previous experience
* Excellent knowledge of accounting according to the Luxembourg law
* French, German and English speaker (Italian language an advantage)
* SAP general ledger system would be advantageous
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent and effective time-management and organizational skills
* Advanced spreadsheet skills, strong practical knowledge of Excel
* Proven ability to learn quickly
To include yourself within this recruitment process; to find out more information about this role; or to discuss other career opportunities we have available, please contact Pawel Galanty as soon as possible - CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED - Please note that by applying your cv is sent directly, and only, to the consultant in charge of this opportunity. #LI-PG1
We'll help you go further