HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,522bn at 31st December 2017, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our Global Liquidity and Cash Management activities in Luxembourg, we are currently looking to recruit a:
Your role will be to provide excellent customer service as part of the Luxembourg GLCM Sales Team.
Role and Responsibilities:
The jobholder is responsible to maintain and enhance existing revenue streams and develop new revenue streams by identifying and selling innovative Payments and Cash Management (GLCM) solutions to a defined portfolio of clients (GB&M + CMB LC) thus maximizing commercial profitability and relationship depth.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- To be recognized as a GLCM specialist with an ability to display competent knowledge of relevant products and services with the jobholders area of responsibility
- To act as a sales representative on opportunities with key clients and/or deals and consistently role model the Sales Manager competencies; providing guidance and coaching to other sales managers and team members where necessary
- To achieve income for the Group by originating leads, building and maintaining relationships with existing HSBC Group clients in order to identify and sell innovative cash and clearing management solutions
- Responsibility for pricing, reviewing and negotiating the available range of cash management services for the Global Banking & Markets Corporate clients. The jobholder is ultimately responsible for new sales revenue and the retention and growth of existing clients and income aligned to a portfolio within the GBM / CMB LC Corporate Sector
- Help to understand clients' needs in order to improve our offering to existing customers and build a close client relationship through regular sales meetings and generate referrals for other Global Business Products
- Contributions encompass a wide range of activities including (but not limited to) sales, product, operations an the overall strategic direction of the business
- Communicate with stakeholders at a local/regional/global level; ensure effective internal and external communication and sharing of such projects
- Ensure the performance objectives of the business are achieved by delivering fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a risk aware client management culture
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
Professional Skills and Experience required;
- Minimum of 5 years working in the banking industry, in a Sales / Relationship Manager role
- Minimum Bachelor degree in business related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent command of English language. Any additional European language is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of local and regional cash management and clearing services, products and techniques
- Proven Sales Record and ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Ability to understand a customer’s business and the fundamentals of running a business and to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical and selling skills
- A good understanding of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment
- Experience with or knowledge of local regulatory requirements related to Anti-Money Laundering
- Knowledge of global cash management
- International experience working in a Global Banking environment
- Knowledge of Treasury and Foreign Exchange
- Broad-based knowledge of HSBC Group companies and product ranges
- Knowledge of day to day workings of a Corporate Treasury environment, foreign exchange and payments
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HSBC Group's inter/intra clearing systems
- Experience with treasury centres