Fast Track Diagnostics, a Siemens Healthineers company, develops and commercializes worldwide multiplex real-time PCR (RT-PCR) assays to detect a wide range of viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites. We are ISO 13485 certified since 2011. Our kits are used in all size labs, in the public and private sector. In the last years, FTD created a global distributor network that serves many countries worldwide. Growth has been at least 30% year on year since the company was founded in 2007. Quality, innovation and excellent customer support are our key objectives.
We offer a job in an international, highly qualified team.
Scientist/Engineer Lead for Instrument Maintenance (M/F)
- Supports development of IVD Molecular Diagnostics OEM instrument systems with integrated sample preparation and real-time PCR instrumentation or similar
- Takes care about the onsite instruments (Real time PCR, extractors and liquid handlers)
- Supports Development verification activities and may be involved in marketing activities
- Contribute to development projects on the Hamilton Starlet (or similar) where parameters for different sample types and reagent types are needed to be developed
- Contribute to development projects on the QuantStudio5s Dx real time PCR instrument and other common PCR instruments
- Participate in identifying and troubleshooting problems arising from process, consumable plastic, reagent, or equipment
- Contribute to Software projects as a Systems Engineering tester
- Perform and/or coordinate Preventative Maintenances on R&D instrumentation.
- Participate in Design Control activities: IQ/OQ, Verification and Validations, testing and documentation
- You will be the support Systems Engineer supporting a team of biochemists, and will be connected to a global team of other engineers and software developers
- May assist Marketing demo activities with instrument repair, set up, and shipment
- May travel occasionally
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering/bio-engineering or Master of Arts or Science degree with major in medical technology or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluency in English and bring at least one additional language skill (e.g. French, German)
- Experience in international & multicultural environment
- Solution oriented thinker
- Experience using and troubleshooting problems on Liquid Handling instrumentation and/or real time PCR instruments. The candidate should possess curiosity and drive to explore system response and take initiative to explore system behavior.
- Experience in performing data analysis.
- Experience in authoring and editing supporting documentation for Verification and Validation activities such as protocols and reports. Completing documentation is an essential requirement.
- Strong scientific, communication and organizational skills
- Must be comfortable with handling bio-hazardous materials.
- Willing to travel occasionally
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Recent experience running the entire workflow of a molecular workflow: from nucleic acid extraction to PCR and analysis is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Hamilton Vector software versions 3.2 and/or 4.4
- Experience in ISO 13485 environment.
- Working knowledge of IT systems and connectivity
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS/LIS)
The position will be based in Luxembourg.
If you feel that our job profile matches your qualifications and personality, please do not hesitate and send us your application in English, including CV, covering letter and your expected salary, by post or email to the following address:
Fast-track Diagnostics Sàrl.
Ms. Elisabeth CHACTOURA
29, rue Henri Koch- L-4354/ Esch s/ Alzette
For more information please visit our web site: www.fast-trackdiagnostics.com