SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (M/F)
You will join an expanding team in the Luxembourg office of this private investment company. The company's strategy is primarily global distressed debt and private equity.
The Senior Accountant role will be responsible for sharing the day-to-day accounting, administration and operations for Luxembourg entities and exposed to various investment structures throughout Europe. The role involves regular contact with the London and New York, and offers strong exposure to the ever-growing alternative funds market. Specific Job function include but are not limited to:
- Monthly and daily accounting for various Luxembourg entities;
- Review and reconcile cash transactions on a daily basis;
- Recording accounting entries in company accounting system;
- Prepare monthly or quarterly account reconciliation to ensure account information is accurate, consistent, traceable and auditable;
- Review financial statements and tax returns, including VAT;
- Process vendor invoices and payments utilizing company's proprietary system;
- Prepare reports required for quarterly board meetings and/or ad hoc board meetings and for New York accounting and tax departments;
- Manage all corporate governance documentation and oversee administrator;
- Provide AML/KYC information to counterparties including banks and investment partners;
- Liaison with service providers both in Luxembourg and abroad;
- Reviewing accounting reports from service provider outside of Luxembourg, and:
- Internal management.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 5 to 10 year's professional experience;
- Previous experience in the Administration of SPV's or Big four firm is an advantage;
- Ability to work in a small team environment ;
- Financial control & reporting experience including preparing statutory accounts and co-ordination with auditors and tax administration in Luxembourg ;
- Working knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP and other international GAAP (IFRS);
- Excellent excel skills;
- Experience with Advent Geneva accounting system a plus;
- Excellent grasp of English language (both written and oral), fluency in Spanish or Italian is a plus;
- High moral integrity and work ethic;
- Ability to get work done timely.
Our client is a private investment company operating in the global distressed debt and PE market.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.