SENIOR ASSOCIATE CORPORATE OFFICER (M/F)
- Oversee the legal and compliance tasks of a group of corporate officers, following hand over from the transaction team (including potential post-closing requirements and/or restructuring) until the point of sale or liquidation;
- Monitor the:
- organization of board meetings,
- approval and filing of annual reports,
- execution and approval processes;
- Supervise the organisation of the approval of the financial statements and filing at the Trade and Companies Register;
- Help to maintain the company database and assist in overseeing the digital archiving and editing processes;
- Organise the review of legal and corporate documents to be signed by the Directors and collection of the required signature(s);
- Track and monitor the accuracy of legal documents (signature, date, corporate details etc.);
- Work closely with the Legal & Compliance team's VP and AVP to ensure the smooth running of the team;
- Organise and attend regular catch up meetings with the corporate officers and provide regular reports informing of the operation and progress of the Legal and Compliance team;
- Ensure continuous collaboration with other departments (e.g., Transaction, Account Managers, ….) to ensure smooth and timely running of operations;
- Liaise with internal account management, acquisition, sales and risk teams for transparency of information, organisation and resulting legal responses of projects and companies;
- Organise and supervise the training and development plans of the team.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Solid legal background
- Around 5 years 'experience in the legal/corporate department of a fiduciary or law firm or in house legal/corporate position in Luxembourg
- Fluent English, any other language will be an advantage.
- Experience working with and maintaining strong professional links with lawyers, auditors, notaries, service providers.
- Experience dealing with the Luxembourgish RCS and board meeting organization;
- Knowledge of the corporate governance framework in Luxembourg;
- Total proficiency with MS Office standard applications
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player;
- Able to take direction and ask questions;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Eye for detail;
- Excellent communication skills.
Our client is a well-known firm operating in the real estate funds industry.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.