SENIOR COMPANY SECRETARY REAL ESTATE (m/f)
We are looking for a Corporate officer to join the Luxembourg Company Secretariat department which services all aspects of our client's mutual fund, institutional and investment businesses.
The role of Corporate Officer is to provide high quality, value-add professional company secretarial services, which comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, to business partners, the corporate entities and managed funds.
Reporting to the Head of Luxembourg Company Secretariat, the job holder will have the responsibility of providing company secretarial support to ensure the correct operation of the Luxembourg-domiciled funds and companies within Luxembourg law and regulations, and to enhance the corporate governance frameworks to keep in line with regulatory and structural changes.
The role will also involve working closely with other departments in Europe, Asia and Bermuda including legal, fund accounting, compliance, finance and product development, as well as external advisers including auditors and legal advisers.
- Ensure that the Real Estate funds and companies comply with applicable local laws.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Real Estate Funds' and companies' affairs including:
- ensuring timetables are followed and that board papers are prepared and issued,
- reviewing agendas and resolutions to ensure they are accurately drafted, coherent and that board papers have received the necessary internal business sign-offs and that these are complete, accurate and of high enough standard to present to the board,
- proactively follow up on board actions and best practice requirements to enhance effectiveness of board meetings and deliverables,
- providing accurate and timely information to other stakeholders in accordance with agreed deadlines,
- coordinating the preparation for the board meetings and other statutory meetings.
- Help to ensure all regulatory and legal filings are completed on time.
- Ensure efficient processing of all administrative tasks related to the corporate life of a companies.
- Participate in certain projects which impact Real Estate Funds and companies.
- Ensure that adequate corporate governance frameworks are adhered to.
- Liaise with other internal stakeholder groups to ensure reporting for oversight and other governance groups is provided within the required timeframe and format.
- Provide documentation in relation to acquisitions and disposals.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with at least 5 years of relevant company secretarial experience in the Real estate sector. The jobholder has :
- Excellent attention to details,
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy whilst being a strong team player,
- Strong delivery focus and "can do" attitude,
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations,
- Excellent communication skills, very strong business English skills- French and German an advantage
Our client is independent company, major player within the fund industry.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.