Senior Compliance Expert (m/f)
While Talantlers offers Talent Attraction solutions to Luxembourg financial institutions, we have been mandated by an international Bank to identify and recruit a Senior Compliance Expert(m/f), directly working with the CCO, for the Luxembourg entity.
As Senior Compliance Expert, you will be part of the Compliance & Legal department reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer/ Head of Compliance and Legal Department. The successful candidate will ensure a valid support to the Head of the department, promoting the Bank's objectives to comply with all regulatory aspects and advising the Management Committee on the regulatory feasibility of new business initiatives.
Support the Chief Compliance Officer, exercising the following tasks:
- The implementation and drafting of Compliance related policies/procedures and to ensure the ongoing identification, assessment and management of compliance risks relating to the current and future activities of the Bank;
- Maintain/up-date compliance monitoring plan of the Bank as appropriate and carry out the related regular compliance checks and controls;
- As part of regulatory watch duties perform detailed reviews of specific regulatory issues to establish the impact on internal systems and procedures and the up-date the appropriate log;
- Perform KYC reviews. Assess client risk prior to account opening and conduct ongoing monitoring of clients (including their transactions) and relevant counterparties of the Bank;
- Give advice and support to staff on compliance related matters, such as bank governance aspects, AML/CTF, MIFID, FATCA/CRS, QI, Data Protection etc…
- Ensure the record keeping and management information system, including the record keeping of correspondences with regulators;
- Provide standard and ad-hoc information and data reports to regulators, auditors and Group;
- Participate and lead (where required) specific working groups or projects implementing new regulation and liaise with external advisors as appropriate;
- Support the department in the absence of the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification of relevant work experience in Luxembourg as a Compliance Officer in an international financial institution and ideally a good knowledge of the fund business;
- Experience as Senior Compliance Advisor specialized in Banking industry will be assessed as relevant too;
- Ideally a University degree in Law;
- Sound knowledge of the Luxemburg legal and regulatory environment of banks and investment funds;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work in a pro-active, independent and structured manner;
- “Can do” attitude;
- Fluent in English and French, both spoken and written;
- Good command of the MS office tools, knowledge of Olympic is an asset;
- Flexibility and team spirit
- Able to work independently and autonomously
Might this be a relevant job opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to send your CV to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the maximum level of confidentiality and in line with the applicable data protection standards.