SENIOR CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT ( M/F ) FOR A SERVICE PROVIDER
THE JOB :
The Senior Corporate Accountant is part of the Corporate Services Department under the supervision of the Head of Corporate Services. He/she will be charged with resolutely striving to maximize the quality of financial management and tax compliance services delivered to a portfolio of clients active in different sectors (private equity, real estate, intellectual property, etc. ...).
The Senior Corporate Accountant has the following specific responsibilities which form part of his/her daily job:
1. Client/Account management
* In association with the Client Relationship Manager taking ownership of the file and managing the communication internally and externally as regard to its assigned portfolio, in particular with respect to cash management, financial management and tax compliance related matters. He/she will work together with the Client Relationship Manager as a team to advise and participate to client projects.
* Taking full ownership and understanding of the structure/transactions and needs of the client.
* Prompt and accurate answer to the client and/or advisors demand.
* Ensuring that the accounting and tax files are kept up to date.
2. Cash Management
* Prepare bank instruction and manage communication regarding payments. Guarantee and monitoring of timely and correct payments. Check incoming invoices
* Budgets/forecasts to be provided to the client to ensure that internal and external debts can be paid.
3. Tax Compliance
* Timely and correct tax reporting. Ensure that the returns are compliant with the tax structure (tax ruling).
* Put into operation tax advice and rulings together with the Client Relationship Manager.
* Manage communication on tax returns/assessments and reporting internally and externally.
4. Financial Management
* Day-to-day accounting of clients companies (invoices, bank statements, interest, accruals, account analysis, reconciliations, calculation of interests, …) in the software "Trax Accounting" .
* Timely and correct monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting in Lux Gaap or IFRS.
* Implement efficiently client information and prepare full set of financial statement compliant with law and accounting standards (including notes).
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE :
* Bachelor or Master degree in Finance or Accounting and 5 years of relevant working experience in a similar role within the trust and corporate services or financial services business.
* Fluent in English and French, other languages are a distinct advantage.
* Good knowledge of fiscal and financial engineering (especially including Trust advisory, Real Estate Financing & Private Equity structuring, hybrid financial instruments…) and knowledge of Luxembourg law/regulations, as well AML/KYC requirements.
* Highly organized and detail-orientated with a client focus.
* An independent thinker who is intellectually curious with a strong analytical mindset.
* Team player who takes initiative and works constructively with others to achieve team goals.
* Ability to manage priorities and multiple deadlines in a dynamic and proactive way.
* Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relational database (e.g. business objects) skills.
THE CLIENT :
Our client is an international financial services company
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.