Pictet is an investment-led service company, offering wealth management, asset management and related services. We do not engage in investment banking, nor do we extend commercial loans. We are a partnership of seven owner managers and our principles of succession and transmission of ownership have remained unchanged since foundation in 1805. With more than CHF 509 billion in assets under management or custody at 31 December 2017, Pictet is today one of the leading Europe-based independent wealth and asset managers.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and founded there, Pictet today employs more than 4,200 people. It has 27 offices in: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Basel, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Lausanne, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Nassau, Osaka, Paris, Rome, Singapore, Stuttgart, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Turin, Verona and Zurich.
As a member of the Corporate Services team, you will report directly to the Head of Team. You will be joining a department with around 25 people and be part of a team of 4.
- To attend to a portfolio of clients.
- To implement the Board of Directors’ decisions.
- To prepare (by drafting notices, agendas, board packs, etc.), attend and take minutes of Board and members/shareholders' meetings; and attend to directors/shareholders/proxyholders during board/shareholder meetings.
- To implement the decisions of the Board of Directors (incl. drafting notices, opening bank accounts and dividend payments).
- To prepare, issue and monitor the signing of circular resolutions.
- To liaise with different stakeholders (auditors, lawyers, tax advisors, bankers, shareholders, notaries, public administrations, banks, etc.).
- To ensure cooperation between the Accounting, Valuations, Client Servicing, Investment Servicing, Transfer Agent teams to manage/conduct the necessary financial aspects of specific transactions (incl. incorporation, liquidation, distributions, capital calls and closings).
- To draft and/or review legal and transaction documents.
- To ensure legal files are kept properly (making sure information is complete, accurate and up-to-date).
- To keep statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries as well as the register of shareholders if applicable.
- To ensure that all regulatory and legal filings are carried out within the specified deadlines (CSSF, RCSL, LBR, etc.).
- To monitor the payment of dividends and directors’ fees.
- To provide assistance in producing reporting, making updates to databases and performing general secretarial tasks.
- To maintain the relationships with clients and intermediaries.
- Fluent French, with an excellent command of English (spoken and written).
- A strong team player, you have good communication and organisation skills.
- You have a background in law and have worked in the fiduciary sector.
- You are team-oriented and would like to evolve with your peers.
- You are able to work independently.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Luxembourg (previous experience in the field of Private Equity is a must).
- You are resilient and flexible with a positive attitude and the ability to meet deadlines.
Specific Knowledge and experience required
- Knowledge of the PE / RE investment fund industry.
- Good knowledge of the Luxembourg corporate law.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment (AIFM, CSSF,etc.).
- Basic knowledge of accounting.