Senior Group Manager - Legal and CorporateLuxembourg
Senior Legal Group Manager
Our client, a reputable global service provider in the fund and asset management industry are now hoping to add another skill Senior Legal Manager to their work force.
In a service with nearly 15 teams, you would be managing at least 2-3 of these, with the help of mid-level managers, depending on the niche focus of the teams and the volume of work designated by the projects of the clients.
It is a great opportunity to manage more people and bigger teams, be part of a larger global firm, but also still manage some client relationship, accounting reviews and reports, whilst getting exposure to the senior management and team of Directors
- manages the planning and activities of the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
- He/she defines specific objectives and scope of work to be done and ensures that the services delivered to the clients are in accordance with company standards.
- monitors and reviews the status of the corporate and legal affairs of the client companies.
- reviews the time writing of the Legal & Corporate sub-team on a weekly basis to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on behalf of clients in accordance with the “Time Recording” process and procedure.
- ensures pro-active participation in the cash collection of the outstanding invoices by the Legal & Corporate sub-team in accordance with the “Accounts Payable Management” process and procedure.
- He/she assists the Director in hiring new staff members for the group.
- organises (and conducts where applicable) the annual appraisal, promotions, goal settings and development process of the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
- responsible for the people management process in the Legal & Corporate sub-team, including, but not limited to, providing appropriate training, coaching, feedback and giving clear ambitious and achievable targets to the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
Legal and Corporate Secretarial
- supervises and signs-off on corporate and finance transactions, ensuring their timely and accurate execution.
- ensures he/she and the Legal & Corporate sub-team fully understand the transactions.
- ensures cooperation between the Accounting and Legal & Corporate sub-teams to manage/conduct the necessary financial aspects of specific transactions (incorporation, liquidation, migrations, closings etc.).
- ensures the proper incorporation of new client companies or as the case may be the transfer in of client companies from another service provider in accordance with the “B. Incorporation” and “B1. Transfer in from another service provider” processes and procedures.
- ensures the proper opening of the bank accounts of the client company in accordance with the “G. Bank payments and Client Administration” processes and procedures.
- reviews and signs-off the drafting and/or review of legal and transaction documents in accordance with the “xx” procedure and policy.
- supports the Legal & Corporate sub-team(s) with answering complex legal & corporate matters and queries, in cooperation with Legal Director Client Services, if applicable and where necessary.
- ensures the proper maintenance of the legal files (completeness, accuracy, updating etc.) of the Legal & Corporate sub-team in accordance with the “Filing” and “Archiving” processes and procedures.
- ensures the legal review of the financial statements team in accordance with the “Drafting, Approval and Filing of Annual Accounts” process and procedure.
Completes on a daily basis his/her time-writing to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on behalf of clients in accordance with the “Time Recording” process and procedure.
- ensures timely acceptance of clients in accordance with the “Client Acceptance” process and procedure.
- ensures timely periodic review of clients in accordance with company process and procedure.
- actively participates in risk management and compliance.
- ensures active transaction monitoring of the companies in the BU in accordance with the “Transaction Monitoring” process and procedure.
- ensures the Legal & Corporate sub-team follows the 24 hour response policy (internally and externally).
- ensures appropriate organisation and welcome of clients during client meetings.
- ensures timely organisation and preparation of board meetings (leadership, location, social program, board pack, minutes…).
- monitors and ensures clear, efficient and professional communication between sub-team members and third parties.
- takes ownership in maintaining the relationship with existing clients and intermediaries. This should result in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and limit client outflow.
Together with the the Direct and other Group Leaders and the sales members of the unit prepares and ensures execution of the Commercial Business Plan and Annual Budgets (where applicable).
Also, attends meetings of prospects and intermediaries in order to present the company and its services. He/she participates in business trips for visiting existing clients, intermediaries and new potential clients.
Act as Director/Manager on Board of client companies
- expected to take on the role of Director/Manager on the boards of client companies in accordance with the “Directors and Managers” procedure and policy.
Required Education and Experience:
University or professional studies in law or equivalent level gained through relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning.
8-9 years relevant experience in an international Law, Tax or Trust environment.
Solid knowledge of international tax law, Luxembourg law and international company law (holding and finance structures, incorporations, joint ventures, liquidation procedures, (group) financing rules and corporate transactions);
Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Additional language requirements may apply.
Required Business Applications:
Other Required Skills:
Excellent organization and communication skills.
Solid analytical skills.
For more information please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org