Senior Legal & Compliance Officer - EUROPE (M/F)
While TALANTLERS offers talent attraction solutions to Luxembourg financial institutions and we get from our past experience an excellent understanding of insurance business, we have been mandated by a leading Brexit insurance company to Search & Select a Senior Legal & Compliance Officer for the oversight of several EU entities.
Your main missions
- Be responsible for the development, implementation, administration, data protection, legal and compliance tasks for several carriers.
- Ensure implementation of the Group Compliance Framework throughout the HQ and its branches.
- Ensure that Compliance requirements are properly understood by all business units and staff therein by way of regular training, the coordination and dissemination of relevant regulatory notifications or association circulars and assisting with the meaningful translation of requirements into business procedures.
- Monitor business transacted including via exception reporting and interpreting relevant metrics.
- Coordinating the regular production and analysis of key compliance information.
- Strong liaison with the branch managers and the business managers to improve understanding of all the risks in the business.
- Promote an appropriate compliance culture in the business by contributing to awareness of compliance related risks, assisting in their identification.
- Assist with the management of the regulatory licenses and authorizations required by the business to support its trading and strategic objectives.
- Provide oral and written compliance assurance advice and solutions to the business.
- Identifying, reporting, recording, analyzing and escalating incidents and breaches.
- Ensure the timely and accurate submission of regulatory filings to local regulators
- Maintain an appropriate framework for the agreement of trading relationships with intermediaries placing inwards business and oversee the application process.
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks as required by the Group.
- Degree-level academic qualification.
- 4+ years’ previous compliance and legal / compliance experience, preferably within the insurance market.
- Experience in Solvency II, or equivalent, framework, implementation and reporting to the regulators.
- Experience in Data Protection.
- Multi-lingual: French and English essential
- Good IT skills are essential, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Expected to frequently travel to the branches. High level of versatility to support all European branches on different legal topics
- Solution-oriented mindset supporting business with compliant proposals
Our client offers competitive salary package and all extended benefits included in the relevant collective agreement.