SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL (m/f)
The Senior Legal Counsel joins the European Product Legal team to provide support in relation to all aspects of our client's European fund range and investment products. For the most part, these fund ranges are domiciled in Luxembourg, the UK and Ireland. The team also provides legal advice to senior management on any legal matters or developments which may affect their business.
Key Responsibilities involve:
- Support our client's product development functions as they relate to European based products (i.e. UCITS and AIFs) and the registration of the funds abroad (our client's products are registered in over 30 countries) with a focus on the Luxembourg fund ranges.
- Provide ongoing legal services, draft and negotiate agreements, provide solutions to various legal queries, help to improve internal procedures in relation to products.
- Provide legal advice on any product legal matters or developments which may affect their businesses and on group strategic projects (such as fund reshapes).
- Review new laws and regulations and assess the impact on the relevant products and business units of our client, advise on legal and regulatory environment and liaise with external counsel and/or regulators.
- Represent our client in external meetings and fund associations.
- Act as a key liaison with other legal teams, company secretariat, compliance, risk and internal audit functions within the group, working with these areas to ensure a joined-up and co-operative approach.
- Ensure consistency of processes and standards on fund launches, corporate actions (mergers, closures, objective changes, etc.) and registration with regulators.
- Maintain or organise the maintenance of a know how data base with useful precedents and legal opinions. Help to improve internal procedures and operational processes in relation to product delivery.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Law degree with substantial experience (at least 8 years) in fund related environments, working at a senior level and in an unsupervised position.
- A thorough knowledge of fund structures and the European investment management industry and legislation (UCITS, AIFMD, etc.) is very important.
- Strong interpersonal skills and can demonstrate confidence and tact when dealing with key stakeholders, board members and senior management.
- Commercial acumen.
- Project management and strong organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong delivery focus.
- Fluent in English. Any other language skills would be an advantage.
- Pro-active team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Our client is a prestigious asset management company.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.