As a Senior Procurement Engineer, you work in the office in Luxembourg and support the Procurement department with different projects worldwide.
- You will be working in a multi-disciplinary project team (including design engineers/manager, tender engineer/managers, contracts manager, technical experts, fabrication managers, …).
- You will prepare complete tender request packages towards suppliers
- You will follow up tenders from suppliers (price, contractual & technical aspects, planning, QA/HSE aspects, …)
- You will be organizing clarification/negotiation meetings with suppliers
- You will negotiate/finalize contracts with suppliers together with project team and connect with contractual and technical colleagues when required.
- Define and manage project opportunities and risks will be part of your responsibilities.
- You will share market intelligence/drivers, suppliers’ knowledge, technology evolutions and innovation opportunities.
- You will follow up on feedback from contracted suppliers, including opportunities/risks, supplier’s performance on capacity, quality, Total cost, security of supply and planning.
- Develop your network with the suppliers, within the procurement department and the project teams
- Apply business policies and standards.
- Assist in improving procurement processes, results and efficiency
- Preferably holding a master’s degree in engineering
- Curious, analytical, meticulous and result driven
- In the ability to prioritize your activities and meet deadlines
- A team player (develop working relationship with various internal and external stakeholders)
- A skilled negotiator and excellent communicator and the ability to influence business partners and suppliers
- A strategic and conceptual thinker
- Customer oriented
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- Familiar with MS Office and an expert in Excel