Unix system Engineer (M/F)
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work within a leading company that met challenges of innovation many times? Are you passionate about system engineering?
One of our clients is currently looking for a Unix system engineer.
As a team player, you are responsible for configuring, administrating, installing and analyzing the entire application pool running AIX and Linux operating systems.
Your mission is mainly to handle Unix system administration activities:
- You process users' requests internally and provide solutions while assisting them in their encounter with computer problems and advising them.
- You control, execute, upgrade and configure Unix systems
- You also play the role of adviser to the different projects using Unix systems
- You resolve any incidents that may occur
- You install patches and major versions
- You perform tuning environments to ensure optimal performance
- You implement the automation scripts
REQUIRED PROFILE :
- You hold a graduate degree in computing
- You have strong skills in Unix operating systems
- You have a significant experience in a production environment
- ITIL best practices and its application in production environment has no secrets for you
The following knowledges are crucial:
- Administration Unix/AIX
- PowerVM virtualization with LPAR, WPAR and VIO concepts
The following knowledges are considered as strong assets:
- Linux system
- TSM backup system
- IBM data storage system (V9000 and SVC)
- You are results-oriented and well organized, you offer users a service punctuated by speed and quality.
- You are fluent in French and English, any other language is an asset
- You demonstrate good teamworking skills
Our client offers
- An advanced technological environment
- The opportunity to work with experts in each component of the infrastructure
- Interesting projects
- A stimulating work area
If you are interested by this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org